Monday, June 07, 2004

what would jesus eat?

I didn't do much this weekend of note other than eat lots of yummy things (Max and Haagen Dazs and Bacos...oh my) and watch some good movies (Kill Bill, What About Bob, Saved.) However, I've recovered from last week's mystery disease and plan to spend less time bonding with my futon this week. Until I have something vaguely interesting to say, behold:

*The Hallelujah Diet. Like rock music and brightly colored woven lanyards (??), the Christians once again demonstrate their hipness to the country's trends.

*I doubt Jesus ate much cheese, but oh my gosh the Marshfieldians do. This past weekend was Dairyfest, which is by far the biggest event of the year. The whole town becomes consumed with dairy fever. My sis, who is living at home for a bit--bless her heart--went to the roller rink where there were people designated to skate around and hand out free cheese. Wisconsin is the second fattest state in the country and darn proud of it!

*Speaking of fat, here is an amazing scientific discovery courtesy of the news pioneers at msn.com. I made this discovery all by myself last summer, and now, with the problem semi-rectified, all my expensive work pants are too big. [via My Friend Ellen]

*Vintage Cool Things. This post has inadvertently become all about food (as they all should be, really), but I have to mention this website I just found, which I could call yummy if I wanted to be annoying. The site offers high quality vintage goods (including stuff for boys!) at very affordable prices, most notably, some gorgeous shoes that my clodhoppers don't have a prayer of fitting in. I did, however, slamdunk that whole multistrand necklace trend for a mere $30.

*Last but not least, thanks to Ronald (not MacDonald,) I may have half of Thursday and all of Friday off work (almost like last week!) At least that's the word on the street. Hahaha, get it, STREET?

2 comments:

Andrew DF said...

If I get Friday off, I'm forgiving Ron for hijacking the name "Star Wars" for his missle defense program. Give me friday and you square with the house, Gip.

Gina said...

friday's in the bag, now just awaiting the word on thursday. 2.5 days last week, 3.5 this week...i could really get used to this.