Thursday, June 17, 2004

verna's "box of goodies"

The goods have arrived. Waiting outside my door when I got home yesterday was a big box, courtesy of Ebay and a nice old lady named Verna, who lives in Alberta. (I feel a limerick coming on. Anyway.) As my parents are too quick to point out, I am not at a loss for stuff, so lately I've been trying, with marginal success, to limit my purchases to things that are either essential (new computer,) so mindblowingly awesome I want to marry them (Levi's 1970 684 Big Bells replica,) or utterly ridiculous (Verna's goodies.) The gas pump shaped liquor dispenser certainly falls into the last category, and I think this item is somewhere between the second and the third:



After removing the vintage "shirt" from it's protective Ziploc baggie, I admired it's shiny smoothness for a good ten minutes. Then I went to the gym.

4 comments:

Fat Asian Baby said...

Ohhhh shiny! How I miss the days of my love affair with ebay and all things shopping on the internet.
Sigh.

Gina said...

don't get too jealous, sooz. i'd rather be frolicking around europe than sitting in an office browsing the internet...

Andrew DF said...

Heheh... I can't get out of my head this image of you in that shirt smacking on the Wonka 7-course meal gum Violet tried, and turning into a disco ball.

Oh, and the getup is hot, btw.

Gina said...

...on rollerskates. and with this weather, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to give myself an afro.