Thursday, June 03, 2004

good news

First, a big fat congratulations to my main man Drone for rocking his big important interview. He certainly deserves a good break after putting up with Robo for so long.

So I had my licensing exam this morning. Apparently, my test-preparation method of not reading the study materials, a couple days of excessive drinking, a couple nights of not sleeping, and going to a rock show last night was adequate to pass the exam. It has, however, left me with a nasty cold/flu type illness. When I called the bosses to report the news, Stereotypicalboss answered and was delighted because, as banker types do, he and Fatboss made a bet on the exam outcome and now Fatboss owes him lunch. Nice to have their full support. But STBoss let me have the day off, so now I'm chugging diet ginger ale and watching the 2004 National Spelling Bee LIVE! on ESPN. Aside from the whole wanting to dissociate from my body thing, I really couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Andrew DF said...

I always bitched about how ESPN aired the spelling bee over the first weekend in June, when the far more dramatic IRA crew regatta was simultaneously ignored. Then I read this article.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&u=/ap/20040603/ap_on_re_us/spelling_bee_13&printer=1
A day older, a day wiser.