Monday, June 21, 2004

the weekend update

I don't know if it's the weather or what, but lately I haven't been feeling like going out much. (Or else that's just what I'm telling myself to cover up the fact that I'm a lame-o.) In any case, my weekend was relaxing and lovely.

*Friday. It was hectic for all in Manhattan Corporate Whoreland, probably because the bosses were off watching golf in the Hamptons. You couldn't have paid me to go out to a bar or a party or a show, so Perplexa and I went to Ellen's for an evening which, aside from the three bottles of red wine we had no problem consuming, became a return to junior high sans acne and crippling insecurity. Pizza, Ben & Jerry's, DeGrassi, My So-Called Life, Basketball Diaries, Ace of Base sing-a-long....yeah, as VH1 knows, the 90's nostalgia is back. Somebody please give me a good beating when I start wearing oversized flannel again.

*Saturday. After a day of bonding with my futon, I decided to rejoin the living and went to Mercury Lounge with Perplexa. Every single time we go out together--when it's just the two of us--we have strange interactions with strange men that end when one of us rescues the other from some ridiculous conversation. Fortunately, Saturday's strange man required no conversation in exchange for drinks as he bought them anonymously through the bartender. I didn't think that actually ever happened--he must watch a lot of movies. Anyway, this freed us up to talk to the boys in the bands. Speaking of which, if you like music that's pretty yet rockin' and a little shoegazey, I'd highly recommend Dirty on Purpose. If you like cute boys, I'd recommend Benzos.

*Sunday.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fantastic picture!! Love your blog…keep the updates coming :-)

Gina said...

Thanks, Chris! Nice to think that maybe I write stuff that is interesting to people other than myself. And I can't sleep on Sunday nights either--always a grrreat way to start the week.