Friday, April 02, 2004

you know you've eaten too much when...

Your 300+ pound boss proclaims "Oh my God, you ate all those fries?"

I will consume anything that ketchup can be put on until the ketchup is gone. And since Burger Heaven sent about 30 packets along with the office's Friday meat extravaganza, I was a lost cause even though I was already full post turkey burger. Apologies in advance to anyone I whine to about feeling fat this weekend.

Speaking of turkeys, I thought this blurb in the local paper was rather amusing:

* Animal problem
A 49-year-old Marshfield woman reported a wild turkey was causing damage inside her house at 3:02 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of West Omaha Street. The turkey apparently broke a living room window to enter the house and broke another window on the opposite side. The bird was taken to the McMillan Marsh and released.

Speaking of wild turkey, my main boss just returned from a nap downstairs in the nurse's office. Apparently he had a little too much to drink last evening at oh-so-trendy Spice Market, spent the night at the Palace Hotel because he was too trashed to make it home to Westport, and required a wakeup call from yours truly to get to work this morning. I would not be so annoyed at all of this if 1. I was fucking invited and 2. I got to take a nap in the nurse's office every other day when I'm hungover at work.

No comments: