Wednesday, April 28, 2004

bonds 'n cheese

Something very fishy is going on over here in my humongous midtown box o' fun. I've been solidly occupied with work (not my usual "work," but, like, real actual work) for nearly four hours and I'm still busy! This is largely due to the absences of both Fatboss and Stereotypicalboss. The former is in Brooklyn scouring the home of his deceased, senile, packrat aunt and uncle for an emerald ring that may or may not be hidden there somewhere. I keep picturing him as an over-sized Gollum calling out for his precious while pawing through stacks of Reader's Digest from the 1980s. The latter is with his wife at the doctor trying to make mini STbosses and/or Lawn Guysland JAP's. I don't think I've ever answered the telephone more times in one day in my entire life. I also had no idea where this post was going, but the inaccuracy of that last sentence brought on the realization that my current job, taking orders for bonds and things, is not at all unlike my first.

And so I bring you the website of my first place of employment, where I spent the weekends of the 1998 holiday season taking telephone orders for ceramic barns filled with cheese, Precious Moments figurines, and other extremely tasteful items. There is certainly a perfect gift for each of your loved ones, as several of the Fat Asian Baby's dearest learned the hard way this past Christmas.

No comments: