Tuesday, April 06, 2004

central wisconsin learns about them jewish people

Until frighteningly recently, all I ever knew about Judaism I learned from my favorite Judy Blume book. There were no Jews in my Catholic grade school, of course, and I recall being shocked to learn that the two Goldbergs in my public high school were Jewish. Before being enlightened by my darling college roommate (ummm, Perplexa, what's a seder?), "jew," for me, was equivalent to "hannukah." Therefore, I am delighted to see that the Local Paper is making an effort to educate the ignorant readership about Passover. I'm sure you will find this article to be as comprehensive and informative as I have. They even found one real live Jew to interview! And, I must say, that last sentence really just captures the spirit of the holiday.

No comments: