Tuesday, April 27, 2004

rock n roll and apple pie

I could get used to going to a rock show every Monday night. Such a better way to start the week than watching the most annoying people in the world argue about nothing on The Inferno. Only problem is now I'm too tired to write in complete sentences. Which is not really a problem since I'm not required to do such a thing at my job. Here are my fractured thoughts on the evening:

*there were more boys than girls at the show (which, I should probably add now that I'm awake, was Sleater-Kinney)

*the brunette guitarist rocks, and if I were a boy I'd have a crush on her

*the rockin' brunette guitarist was wearing Citizens of Humanity jeans, because even political activist indie-rockstars want their asses to look good

*the crowd's energy picked up towards the end, but Perplexa wins the award for most consistent enthusiastic dancing (although that sweaty older guy in the muscle-T takes a close second)

*when you cover the flash on your digital camera and you're someplace dark, not only does everything come out red, but people's eyes look rather freaky

*I should maybe consider, like, reading the instruction manual for my camera, because these pictures probably could have come out better

*the Around the Clock Diner should really change its name, because you cannot call yourself a diner in NYC and not serve milkshakes

No comments: