Monday, April 12, 2004

linktastic

So much blog goodness today! Here are some links for now, and I'll write about my excellent trip (and consider doing some work...oh and my taxes...shit) after lunch.

*Play with the Subservient Chicken. He'll do whatever you tell him to, except anything naughty or involving bending too much at the waist.

*After winning an Ebay auction for rocks from the hometown of Avril Lavigne, Stereogum created a shrine to the punk heroine in his office. I'd love to do something similar here, but for some reason I don't think the irony would be fully appreciated.

*This story about a child prodigy is kind of disturbing. Is taking chemistry and abstract algebra at UPenn as a 12-year-old really such a good thing? And doesn't the last sentence ("a collection of four chicken pieces. In the classical style.") sound more like a KFC entree description?

*By some cruel twist of fate, the one weekend I leave NYC, America's Next Top Model herself invades my neighborhood. Yoanna House was a mere half a block from MY house!!! [many many thanks, Midwestgrrl]

Woah, I just noticed that three of these four links in some way involve chicken. And I plan on having chicken tacos for dinner tonight. Coincidence? Evidence of an impending chicken apocalypse??

No comments: