Thursday, July 15, 2004

what day is it?

For some reason I have not been able to go to bed at a reasonable hour since getting back to New York. I don't know if it's excitement about new boys (who, refreshingly, are my age, unaware of the blogosphere, and willing to admit an unironic love of cheesy music) a plethora of upcoming social events (most of which I'll probably be too lazy to attend but, hey, it's nice to have options,) or finding a new job (yeah, um, i'll get on that right after lunch...) Or maybe it's just because I'm smoking too much, not exercising, and dozing off after work. In any case, I think my point is that I'm tired and you should amuse yourself with things other than my blathering:

*BLT candles. [via numberonehitsong]

*Silly laws, including a not so shocking one (#10) from The Second Fattest State in the Union.

*I'd pretty much forgotten about Delia's (sorry...Delia*s) after it was replaced by J. Crew in 10th grade as my source for clothing that was unavailable at the local mall. But now that I will no longer be overpaid for being underworked, I think I might just start buying stuff from them again. It's like Urban Outfitters, only priced more appropriately for the quality (or lack thereof) of the goods.

*See if you can tell the difference between these two photos. This mental exercise will surely help wake you up should you find yourself nodding off at work. [via Cynical-C, hate him not me]

1 comment:

Andrew DF said...

That Rhode Island 'audible noise when passing' law is fucking butter. I have this image of my former roommate zooming past some short schoolbus in his grandmother's Oldsmobile Cutlass with one donut tire on route 195 in Warwick, leaning out his right window and hollering "PEEAAACE!" in a deep voice while making an eastside gesture with his hand. I think maybe because I've seen it? Fucking butter...