Wednesday, July 07, 2004

it's half-full, damnit

I could go on and on about how my life's been turned upside down (cue early 90's rap beat--nooow this is a story aaall about how...nevermind,) but I don't have any energy left for pessimism. Here are the things about yesterday that were awesome:

*Lunch with my best friend from high school at Applebee's. We both ordered wraps off the "Weight Watchers" section of the menu. Then we devoured a gigantic hunk of apple pie smothered in ice cream and caramel sauce.

*Finding a cute, bar-worthy shirt at Target for $2.24. Good to know that I can still shop when I'm sans income. Elisabeth Hasselbeck ain't got nuthin' on me.

*Taking Mickey the Horse out for a spin after picking up my sister from her riding lesson. Like any sport, watching people who know what they're doing makes it look so easy. However, riding requires just as much precision as, say, rowing or perhaps even more since your vehicle is an independently mobile animal. (Though for those who've rowed on the Harlem River, I think it's an even comparison.)

*Mom's foccaccia pizza. It's so simple--pizza crust, sliced potatoes, crispy onions--but for some reason it's one of my favorite meals ever. Carbalicious!

*A fireside chat with Dad about life 'n stuff. Though I should mention that while it was indeed near the fireplace, there was no fire, and we realized that the same two birch logs have been in that thing since we moved in 16 years ago.

*Falling asleep with my Babe curled up behind my knees.

No comments: