Sunday, July 25, 2004

weekend (not so) craziness

Ahhh New York...so much to do! But this was one of those weekends in which I didn't want to do any of it, and it was fantastic. On Friday I was planning on having a roof party, but the weather gods weren't havin' it. Plus, as you may have noticed, I wasn't really in the mood. So I went out with a few good friends and drank lots of Brooklyn Lager. In the timeless words of the Cars, it was just what I needed.



On Saturday I stayed in bed until sometime in the late afternoon and had a chat with Cute Canadian Internet Boyfriend Whom I Met In Real Life First Thank You Very Much. After discussing the nerd factor of our fling (seriously, what’s the point of a fling if you can’t make out with the person? yet I’m so drawn to that little MSN bubble man,) I left CCIBWIMIRLFTYVM for a dinner of Ethiopian delights with Perplexa. Why mushy vegetables eaten with bread that’s spongier than that lo-carb crap is so transcendently good is beyond me. It’s definitely worth that special feeling you get in your stomach afterwards, which we nursed by reading Us magazine (Justin is soo not cheating on Cameron, I’m serious guys) and watching a National Geographic special entitled “Girl Power” which featured promiscuous female macaques, bisexual bonobos, and spontaneously sex-changing fish. Then I continued to rot my brain whilst Perplexa went off to some torturous sounding seven hour production at Lincoln Center armed with a little treat from my medicine cabinet.

Sunday was all about napping and laundry and television so I won't bore you with the details, but I must just say that I want to marry Sacha Cohen.

No comments: