Tuesday, May 11, 2004

no time to blog = the new black

I've noticed an alarming trend in the blogosphere recently. Everyone, it seems, suddenly has better things to do than distract me from thinking about the gaping hole in my life that Meaning and Purpose used to fill. One can only hope this is just a passing sun-induced mania or something. I present the following samples as evidence.

*Eurotrash: "Well, I've been a little busy, which has been a huge culture shock. I actually had to go out and buy an alarm clock on the weekend, after seeing a doctor to have my pyjamas surgically removed. On Sunday night I had to set my new alarm clock. And then I had to wake up to it's piercing yell early on Monday morning. And then I had to get dressed in grown-up clothes and commute into the city. I am still quivering from the ordeal."

*Maccers: "Now I am lucky enough to be blissfully happy in my work environment. Until I fuck up and it’s my fault and I am exposed as having an advanced case of Alzheimer’s for someone of such tender skin around the eye area. Then I exhibit symptoms of low self-esteem around the office until the boss rips 10 tons of shit out of me about my new Cruella De Ville hairdo and I can go back to websurfing all day. Yay."

*Lindsay: "Obviously, when it comes to this blog I've been phoning it in lately (in the traditional sense, not in some 'now you can update your blog through your phone' sort of way). So I've decided to get a guest blogger."

*Choire: "Oh, shit! I have a website! I totally forgot. My bad. But when the freelance comes, you say, 'Yes, please, may I have another? Ooh, yeah, you know I like it like that! Whoo! Spank it! Twerk it!'"

*Smitten: "Sometimes I fear that by posting daily, I am exchanging quantity for quality. I often say that I am going to post less, edit more, and spend more time ruminating on the bit parts, but it never works out that way because I always find some juicy gossip I am itching to share with you. However, if you were to see less of me in the coming weeks, understand that I am not trying to disentangle myself from you, Sweet Internet, I simply adore you enough that I want to give you the best."

I'm very happy for all you happy folks, but please please please don't stop! Kind of relatedly, in searching for the link to Smitten's site, I stumbled upon the most pray-to-jesus-it's-a-joke invention ever. Ladies and Gentlemen, behold......the Smitten Mitten!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey love the blog check out my site for Fashion JewelryHey love the blog check out my site for Toe Rings Fashion BraceletsDangle Belly RingsThat’s Pretty Earrings

Anonymous said...

fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report fix credit report