Friday, May 14, 2004

i need a shower. and a hug.

Just saw my bosses' boss perusing Craigslist personals ads. (This man is referred to as a "hound" by my bosses, which is indeed an accomplishment, as one of them mentioned today that he makes up for his height deficiency below the waist while nearly hitting me in the head with a rubber football.) Also, BB just asked me to come out for drinks with work people, which I am not inclined to do, since, like Midwestgrrl, I am extremely piggy about my Fridays. I was going to suck it up, but then when I wanted to leave without getting an account number which could just as easily be gotten on Monday, Mainboss reamed me out for my poor work ethic. How I don't show enthusiasm for the business, always want to leave at 5 (god forbid!), yadda yadda yadda. He's a smart one, Mainboss. If only I could wake up tomorrow morning, loins burning with a passion for government bonds, I would be flying my helicopter to the Hamptons in no time. But I just don't think it's gonna happen. Now where did I store those dog leashes and doody bags?

2 comments:

Andrew DF said...

I was about to ream you out for not blogging on Friday. Not blogging is NOT the new black, and even if it is, black sucks. So what what I going to say again? Oh yeah. G, ever considered perusing your office's sexual harrassment policy during one of your free moments? You could even claim you were 'working.' Maybe the environments are a bit different, but I practically feel nervous offering to get boxes down from high shelves for girls at work. Number of times "below the waist" has come up in office banter? I'm drawing a real blank here.

Gina said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention the part where my boss says, "I'm sure he'd like to have YOU in his office." But I've accepted the fact that I'm working in a glorifed frat house, and no Dignity in the Workplace Training is going to change things. Also, I really just don't care.