Tuesday, May 04, 2004

the beginning of the end?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Company Computer Nazis have really crossed the line this time. I'm okay with not being able to use AIM. Surely if I had access to this fine program I would have been fired long ago, and rightly so. And I can kind of understand being blocked from web-based email. Actually, no, that one really doesn't make sense, and I'll be damned if I'm going to alter my emailing habits in the off-chance my work account will be screened. In any case, I can live without my hotmail during the day. But what just happened to me is so unsettling I can barely type the words. I have been blocked....from....a...............bl...blo........BLOG!

Seeking my daily dose of Olsen twin buzz, I just typed www.whatevs.org into my browser. A white screen appeared that said the following:

The site you have requested (http://www.whatevs.org/) is unavailable as a non-business related site.
Forbidden, this page (http://www.whatevs.org/) is categorized as: Chat.


I fear for the future. The day the word "chat" is replaced with "blog" is the day I say sayonara to my dreams of a lifetime of corporate servitude. Hmmm, come to think of it, perhaps this blog blockage is not such a bad omen after all.