Wednesday, March 30, 2005

life update

I apologize for the lack of thrilling blog action lately. It's not so much laziness as much as perpetual drunkenness/hungoverness. I'm still holding on to the fact that I did not drink on Saturday as evidence that I am not becoming an alcoholic, much like I used to think that because I could count on one hand how many cigarettes I smoked each day I was not a real smoker. But those days are long gone, and now I'm in the restaurant business fulltime which basically translates to gluttony, alcoholism, and fucking one's coworkers. Shyness and asocial tendencies aside, I think I fit in quite well.

So anyway, I was going to simply post an email I just sent to Cute Canadian, as it pretty much sums up my life right now (except for the part about fucking the coworker, since CC doesn't need to know about that.) And because I'm lazy (and drunk.) But then I decided that each point of the email could be blog fodder for when I'm sober and/or awake, so I don't have to think about something to write about! This includes my thoughts on the popular Ithaca activity of drunk driving (as I learned tonight, not a good idea!), my shitty job prospects due to unforseen psychology superdork competitiveness, and the strikingly handsome 50-something Cornell physicist who hangs out at the restaurant all the time, tells stories about his Iraq war consipracy theories cooked up with friend Carl Sagan and riding on the back of whales off his land in Hawaii, and wants to makeout with me (among many other nubile young things around here.) All in all, I'm pretty effortlessly happy and living life, which is a lot more than I can say for my year and a half in NYC post-college. Just need to stay away from the car keys, pull some psychology connections out of my ass, and limit sexual activity to my ol' battery powered buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to Cornell in the (late) 80s, and actually took a class that Carl Sagan attended. I was a junior Mech E, who somehow ended up in an elective int eh astronomy school with 2 other students, a professor, and Carl.

Carl was just like the TV show (billyuns & billyuns), but people in the astronomy dept didn't like him, thinking he was essentially a poser who had Nova Cosmos money.