Friday, August 20, 2004

more baby-naming fun

Thanks, Newyorkish, for enabling me on this fine Friday to make fun of idiot parents, one of my favorite hobbies. Rather than choose their own unique, oh so very full of meaning, and more special than all the other kids name, one nice wholesome couple decided to let the internet do it. There's even a picture of the ultrasound for inspiration! And, thank the lord, a comments box:

Strong Welsh name for males or females. From the Old Welsh masculine name Morcant, which was possibly derived from Welsh mor "sea" and cant "circle".

Give him something original. You don’t want your son walking around thinking “They didn’t care enough to put any thought into my name” or always comparing themselves to kids with the same name. Think outside the box give him something unique and meaningfull.

Lucian the Eater of Souls is a very old name, and really gives the impression of a strong and powerful man.

He looks like an Oliver.

Lance Berg would be be great beacause then he could have the nickname "Ice" making him Ice Berg. That would be cool, pun intended.

My ex husband's middle name. If I had had a son I would have named him that and called him Win. I like the positive thought of the name.


I can't even begin to comment, so back to work. There are people in Indiana patiently awaiting a shipment of Beer Koozies from yours truly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh, I told those future parents to name the kid "Barf". Traumatizing, certainly, but then again it is pretty traumatizing to have parents who are morons enough to put such a webpage on the internet.
-Sasha

Fat Asian Baby said...

wait. can i get some beer koozies too?