Friday, October 28, 2005

not a hater

That does it. I love cats. I'll always be a "dog person" but watch this video montage of cats being funny and just try not to cry tears of joy. [via You Can't Make It Up via Cityrag]

In other animal-related fun, this page devoted to the life and times of a handicapped duck named Sebastian is at once touching, inspiring, and hilarious. It's left me quite confused, emotionally. Apparently, a commenter is a little confused also:
Why have you a Duck there are Handicapped? The Duck looked fine, but the legs looked not fine. What are there matter with the Duck s legs?

And did you know ducks had testicles? (this one's for you, FAB)
I had a male duck who I named Daffodil thinking he was a she, but we kept his name since he knew it and I liked it. He also had a great personality, came when I called him and would quack to me to tell me where he was and what he was doing. Daffodil passed during surgery to biopsy a cancerous testicle at age 6.

7 comments:

Fat Asian Baby said...

oh now that's just tragic. all this talk of ducks reminds me of memphis.

calvo said...

wow...ducks got nards!

it probably means I'm evil that I laughed out loud when I read "This is Sebastian, my handicapped duck" doesn't it.

Robo's Drone said...

Thanks for the cat video, dude. My absolute favorite one is when the cat attacks the baby from the bushes. God, cats are insane.

Gina said...

Ha, that's my favorite as well. And Calvo, don't feel too bad, "handicapped duck" is a lot like "midget"--funny in just about any context.

goldmoon said...

Love the cat video!! Don't you wonder how people capture those on tape? Do they follow their cats around all day long? Because my cat does something funny like once every two months. Anyway...

Gina said...

yes! seriously. or maybe some cats are just extra crazy? i want one of that kind.

midwestgrrl said...

my cat sits up on a chair like people and squeezes his belly flub with his paws.

frankly, i think he should be president.