Monday, March 15, 2004

so sleepy

I slept like crap last night, as is typical for Sunday. Probably has something to do with trying to go from a normal work week schedule to staying up all night and sleeping all day on weekends... I used to freak out when I couldn't sleep but have come to almost appreciate it. The resultant zombie-like state makes 9.5 hours of staring at a computer screen go by so much more quickly, and dreams are always more vivid when I'm only half-asleep. Last night, for example, I awoke genuinely believing for a minute or two that I had been in a cycling class with Joan and Melissa Rivers. I think it's from watching too much E! and planning to go to the gym today, but let's see what a surely credible and scientific online dream dictionary has to say about this:

Plastic
To see plastic objects in your dream, suggests that you are being fake and artificial. You are not being genuine and true to yourself.


Let's just ignore the glaring grammatical error in that first sentence. 'Tis true, Online Dream Dictionary. You've figured me out. But I'm only corporate whoring so that I can live in my beloved city whilst figuring out what to do with my life. Forgive me.

Bicycle
To dream that you are riding a bicycle, signifies your desires to attain a balance in your life. You need to balance work and pleasure in order to succeed in your current undertakings. If you have difficulties riding the bicycle, then it suggests that you are experiencing anxieties about making it on your own. To see a bicycle in your dream, indicates that you need to devote time to leisurely pursuits and recreation.


Okay, somebody at the ODD has some issues with infinitives and comma usage. Nevertheless, I will try to devote more time to leisurely pursuits since drinking six out of seven days last week (jeebus, did I really do that?) apparently was not enough.

No comments: