Monday, April 04, 2005

informer, you no say daddy me snow me i'll go blame, a licky boom boom down

This morning I did something I'd always sworn I would never ever do in a million badillion years. That something starts with a "c" and sort of rhymes with "novocaine." It was fun. My worldview has changed, and I think for the better. Though staying up all night after work and then returning to work in the a.m. wasn't the most brilliant idea I've ever had, my wonderful 22-year-old boss and her rich Cornell undergrad best friend/enabler came in for a five hour champagne brunch to make me feel like I wasn't the only glass-spilling asswipe. Also, though I don't really recall, B the Bartender and I had some sort of conversation about the post-making out weirdness. I imagine it went something like this: "We're cool right? Are we cool? Because it's really not a big deal and I just want everything to be normal and I think you're great and I want to be able to just hang out and it should be ok right? We're cool ok? Awesome let's go eat old pizza crusts and drink the box of Franzia in the fridge." It was also revealed this morning that the incredibly, amazingly good-looking hippie chef, with whom I want to have sex almost as much as I crave his smoked turkey, melted cheddar, garlic mayo and bacon sandwiches, is getting divorced from his wife of eight months. Uh oh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what starts with a "c" and sort of rhymes with "novocaine"? Sorry for being so thick...

Gina said...

heh, how about starts with a "c" and rymes with "poke." or, starts with a "c" and ends with an "ocaine." my nose is stuffy.

Anonymous said...

I was always really amused with the fact that Marshfield had better product than Madison in this department...

Anonymous said...

Dude. I somehow accessed you site today, even though usually the computer nazis block it and all other blogs. Please help me out and explain to readers that I can't blog for this reason.

Anyway, what IS it with this c-ness. My friend literally told me the other night at a party that he too had tried the c-ness for the first time, recently. Maybe it's my turn. Only, I don't have any connections. Gooh. Miss you, G. -Drone

Fat Asian Baby said...

Apparently snowskates has starting doing it to. I hope this isn't in part due to my influence. Hmm...

Gina said...

Heh, yeah Ithaca is essentially Marshfield with an Ivy League college, and the preponderance of rich kids makes it pretty easy to get stuff, and, most importantly, be a total freeloader.

And FAB, perhaps you had something to do with it, but it's hard to turn up your nose at something (pun very intended) when people around you treat it as casually as shotgunning a can of Coors Light. As long as we don't all turn into poorer Tara Reids I think it'll be ok.

Anonymous said...

So true. There is nothing in Madison. Except for unbelievably huge amounts of liquor and bud. Lower case bud.

Andrew DF said...

Gotta admit to you, G-nius, I sorta look down on you now... Colombia has enough problems without you contributing to FARC. Americans with that habit are the reason I can't visit what would be my favorite south american country.