Wednesday, September 28, 2005

dummies

*I'm really, really, REALLY sick of the word "douchebag," but I can't come up with a better term for the type of guy who'd buy this. [via Ostensibly]

*Just wow:
"YOU GOT SERVED:" Sweat, cheap cologne and bad electronica filled the air as I maneuvered my way to the sweet salvation of alcohol in the horrible bar on my block my neighbor brought me to. As I paid for my drink, a figure came flailing towards me through my periphery. A skinny white thug in a Lakers jersey lunged in my direction with a purpose. A movement was enacted similar to an octopus floating through water and Morrissey dancing in gyration through a set without the microphone swing and shiny gold shirt. Following this spectacle I was graced with a hand in my face, and simply the words "you got served." I'm not sure what is worse; the bruise on my ass from falling off my stool with laughter, or that there is a group of people doing this that actually take themselves seriously. A -- Sean Root
[from Blacktable's Blacklist]

*Kirsten Dunst's stupidity [via cityrag] is something I've known about for a long time. She's best off frolicking around in her designer potato sacks with Jake and keeping her mouth shut under the guise that she's just a mysterious, private person. I saw her on a teen version of Celebrity JEOPARDY! (i.e., painfully easy questions) several years ago. She wound up thousands of dollars in the red, as illustrated by this blog commenter:
Coincidentally, did anyone see Kirsten Dunst's appearance on celebrity "Jeopardy" a few years back? If not, I'll recap:

Alex: Of these three, Mercury, Mars and Saturn, which planet is furthest from the sun?
Kirsten?

Kirsten: Pluto!

The last question, which in normal Jeopardy she'd have been excluded from, was the nail in the coffin for me, but all I can remember is that she responded, incorrectly, with something about caterpillars.

1 comment:

P/O said...

wow. i can't imagine that the stench of the hummer cologne could make me any more nauseous than the mere fact of its existence does...