Tuesday, November 09, 2004

more yin and yang

This morning I had the official NYC Subway Commute From Hell. All previous Commutes From Hell have been demoted to Commutes From Purgatory. I waited for not one, not two, not three, but SEVEN jam-packed trains to pass me by before I was able to create 6 square inches of train floor space in which I could sqeeze myself. This has to be some kind of world record, and I want a fucking medal.

In other news, this morning I finally grew enough proverbial balls to have a conversation with my boss (of course, she initiated the conversation) about the future of my tempitude. I mentioned to her that I'd been thinking of shacking up with the parents for a few months, and she not only said that I could keep working here and leave when I need to as long as I keep her posted, but that "work sucks" and I should go travel around the world for a while. So that's the plan, Stan. At least, it will be the plan after I shack up with the parents for a few months and stop spending so much goddamn money.

No comments: