Sunday, November 19, 2006

better than minesweeper

I am currently working on my first article for a tangible publication. Naturally, I am taking this task very seriously. It's due tomorrow morning, and the plan was to work on it yesterday afternoon before work. After 25 years as the reigning Queen of Procrastination (I took a good extra three years to give up my pacifier...damn kindergarten), I don't know why I continue to kid myself. My friend and Thanksgiving cat-sitter stopped by the Internet Garage (yeah, that whole wireless plan didn't work out so well) to retrieve my keys about a half hour into my "work session" during which I'd caught up on Gawker and looked for black boots on eBay. Before she could finish explaining why she had time to kill before her dinner plans, I was logged off and putting on my coat. We wandered around the neighborhood and shopped a little (I spent two hours' pay on a bronze chain-link bracelet with a heart charm that says "wonder buns") until we deemed it an appropriate time to start drinking (4 p.m., if you were wondering.) Now it's 4 p.m. again, and I have four hours until a work friend's going away party. With a whopping 250 words to turn in and 50 already done, that's exactly 50 words per hour. Ooooh, it's going to be a close one!

No comments: