Monday, May 09, 2005

ebay chronicles part II

While Ebay has been known to exacerbate certain psychological conditions, it can help alleviate others. A few days ago (or I guess it was over a week, heh,) I was feeling bored and depressed (shocker!) and wanted to buy something fun but cheap. The song "Children of the Revolution" came on as I shuffled through my iTunes, and I said to myself, "Self, I would like to buy a vintage T.Rex t-shirt with a simple design featuring Marc Bolan, the letters 'TREX,' a little color and perhaps some glitter if possible." Lo and behold, less than 12 hours later I beat out a bidder from Denmark and was the winner of precisely what I'd wanted. And it was only $20something with tax and shipping. Eat my shorts, Trunk Ltd! It came in the mail today and fits perfectly, and I don't know if it's that or the sunny weather or the prospect of returning to New York but I'm not feeling so incredibly shitty anymore. I've even commenced studying for the GRE and am reading a book. (The Corrections, because since I was, until recently, a born-again reading for pleasure virgin, I need to gear up with something relatively painless.)

No comments: