Monday, October 15, 2007

as long as i get to go to the cheese board collective in berkeley...

In just six short hours I'll be poorly rested and off to San Francisco, for another wedding. I think it's safe to say that the "holy shit everyone I know is getting married and/or having babies" phase of my life has officially begun. This one's for a cousin I haven't seen since I was eleven, and will be attended by relatives I haven't seen for even longer and people I don't know at all. I'm already envisioning me and the family eccentric, my mom's older brother, whom I last saw when I was two but am told I'll get along well with and who was once a psychiatrist but now lives in the woods and builds furniture and always sent me the best Christmas gifts like Rocky the Real Fur Spring Raccoon and a life-size "The Scream" blow-up doll, drinking in the corner. God I hope he drinks.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Get a pie while you're at the Cheese Board! Really tasty. Then go to Zachary's for deep dish!

Sasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sasha said...

Um, I wrote that I was also "married and childless" and related to a weird woods-dwelling uncle above. But I'm NOT married.... so I erased it. My mom is beside herself that I've been in a 70% male school for 2 months and am not making any progress towards matrimony, so she has decided to obsess about her friends' children's weddings to ameliorate her pain. She even made the WEDDING CAKE for one of these lovefests. When your mom starts doing that, then you're in the "holy shit" stage.